Alright, so we are back to warm-ish weather again and no one is complaining in my house. Thank goodness Jonas was a short-lived, semi-painless situation here in Pittsburgh; Mojito had a few mild panic attacks whenever he was taken out to relieve himself, but other than that, we were fine.
January wasn't too exciting. I am swamped with work and my hip is killing me so if you have seen/see a mid-thirties woman hobbling along with a backpack, a purse, a laptop, a camera bag, a blanket scarf, and a Tervis, it's most likely me. Thoughts and ideas on January...
- The Steelers lost in the second round of the playoffs. Whatever.
- I realized that I can never eat fast food again (especially beef) without serious consideration. Thanks Fast Food Nation.
- Pittsburgh Restaurant Week was great this time around, and if you are still not out there making the most of this biannual celebration of Pittsburgh's restaurant scene, shame on you!
- The pizza at Apex (Nemacolin Woodlands) is really delicious. I know this because I have tried every variation and was pleased with each. Thus, I recommend it if you are spending time in the Sundial Lodge.
- Mad Mex's Passionfruit Margarita might be my new favorite flavor. Tart and sweet, I suggest getting it frozen with a sugar rim.
- My most recent posts on Urban Cashmere are: "Recipe Swap: Bay Sweet Potatoes", "Recipe Swap: Stacked!", and "The Write Stuff."
- I am totally hooked on ABC's American Crime. If you are an educator, coach, or parent (of teenagers especially), I believe that this season will resonate particularly well.
- WGN's Outsiders started, and was filmed locally. I also know three people in the show, so you can bet that I will be watching every single episode with wide eyes and no distractions.
- Everyone needs to listen to Andra Day.
- My cousin ELG got engaged! My friend EAM set a date for her wedding! Cheers! Champagne and cake for everyone! I am so happy that they are so happy!
February brings a quick trip to Omni Bedford Springs Resort to celebrate some birthdays; a longer trip to Athens, GA to see MAB; the WPIAL Diving Championships; and the birthdays of TAF, JDB, ELB, and AJB. Thoughts and ideas looking into the future...
- Fetterman. Look him up.
- SNL is getting good again regarding the 2016 presidential election. Thank goodness.
- The 19th Annual CLO Ambassador Wine Tasting & Silent Auction is coming up on March 4 at the Duquesne Club. I'll be emceeing, it's all you can drink wine, and the silent auction is full of experiences, packages, and unique items rather than tired memorabilia and baskets. Buy tickets! It supports theater arts education and outreach programs!